Monday, February 9, 2015

WAHO This Wednesday

Parents,

We have WAHO this Wednesday at our house, 1210 Alderman Dr, 4:30-6pm. I'll do the normal pickup schedule, adding in Kernodle this week, we'll have a packed van!

2:55- Newcomers School
3:15- Caldwell
3:45- Kernodle
4:10- Northwest
4:30- Hill house

We'll have pizza this week so please send $ with your child if they would like to eat. Typically $2/slice covers it. 

This week at WAHO we're learning about Lent and Ash Wednesday (next week). We'll also be prepping for the Mobile Youth Prayer Room we're setting up at Western during the season of Lent. (I will be individually contacting those of you who have offered to help.)  My hope is to help the kids learn to express their prayers in different ways: silently, poems, painting, song, drawing, etc...  I'm showing them this video on Wednesday to watch how this high school student expressed his prayer to God through a poem he then performed.  

On Saturday I will be taking my lovely bride on a date to celebrate our LOVE but I think a few families are planning on attending the Winter Jam concert at the coliseum. If you're interested in taking your kids, tickets are $10 at the door. Talk to Greta Stanley if you want to meet up at the concert. Doors open at 5. Concert starts at 6. More info here

We also have 180 this Sunday!

Drew






No comments:

Post a Comment